Who invented Father's Day?
When is it celebrated?
It is generally celebrated on the 3rd Sunday of June, and the first American Presidential Proclamation recognising was made in 1966. It didn’t become a proper National Holiday in the USA until 1972, previous Presidents had been reluctant, some fearing the commercialization of the event. This year Father's Day falls on Sunday June 17th.
How is it celebrated?
From receiving a raised eyebrow some short ten years back in the UK, Father’s day has now become a firm fixture on the celebratory calendar, with Father’s Day Cards in the shops from mid-May, and an ever growing list of dedicated manly gifts.
Popular gift choices today are:-
- Cufflinks, Tie-pins, Ties, Socks, Pocket Squares, and Collar Stiffeners
- Mens’ accessory storage boxes
- A bottle of fine Single Malt Scotch or Irish Whisk(e)y, or fine Cognac
- A Mandle (masculine fragrance candle)
- A coin tray to empty those overloaded trousers
- A special wallet
- Some manly grooming products